International students without an exchange program

Updated: Dec 19, 2023

Students from the European Union:

The application and registration procedures are the same as for French students. They can contact the desired department directly, specifying the exact title of the diploma envisaged.

Students outside the EU:

You must hold foreign degrees allowing access to the University.

Registration for a Bachelor’s Degree (1st year)

The "DAP" form (Demande d'Admission Préalable = Application for Prior Admission) is to be withdrawn on the website of the ministère de l'enseignement supérieur et de la recherche, from the 1st of December of the year preceding the start of the academic year. This form must be completed and sent back to the international office before February the 1st of the academic year. The deadline is imperative.

download DAP

Under this mandatory procedure, for non-French-speaking applicants (from countries whose official language is not French), an examination is planned to assess the applicants’ written and oral comprehension and the written expression in the French language. Some applicants are exempt from it (see below). This exam called TCF DAP (French proficiency assessment) is to be paid for. For information on the TCF DAP, visit the CIEP website or contact

En savoir plus

The procedure varies according to whether you are a national of a member country of the CEF convention or not (Centre d'Etudes pour la France = Center of Studies for France).

Member countries are : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo Brazzaville, Korea, United States, Gabon, Guinea, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mexico, the Czech Republic, Russia, Senegal, Syria, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, Vietnam.

If your country is not a member of the CEF convention, you must withdraw a form from Campus France in your country. If your country does not have a Campus France service, you must download the DAP application form (white form) on the website of the Ministère de l'Education nationale or withdraw it from the cultural service of the French Embassy established in your country, before mid-January preceding the academic year. The procedure varies depending on whether you are a national from a member or non-member country of the CEF convention.

download DAP

For applications for 2nd, 3rd year and Master’s Degree

Applications for the 2nd and 3rd year of the Licence are made via the single Aria e-candidature portal, accessible below. For students whose French is not the official language of the country where they reside, the Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF) is required.

En savoir plus

The procedure varies depending on whether the student is a national of a country that is a member of the CEF convention (Cendre d'Etudes pour la France) or not.

The countries acceding to the EFC Convention are as follows: Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Comoros, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Mauritius, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritius, Morocco, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, Russia, Senegal, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Vietnam.

See the Campus France website: www.nom_du_ (example:

If your country does not have a Campus France space. You can apply online via e-candidature ARIA.

IMPORTANT : A degree may be validated by one institution but not by another. Responding to any request is the sole responsibility of the President of the University on the proposal of a Teaching Council (which will decide in particular on the compatibility between the content of the diplomas obtained and the requirements of the training requested. Also taken into account will be the language proficiency).

Are you selected to study at INU Champollion?

Upon arrival, you are invited to report to the International Office where all information regarding your stay will be given to you.

For the academic year 2022/2023, the institution will apply a partial exemption from registration fees for non-EU students (voted at the Board of Directors meeting of October, 2021).

To know the amount, please refer to the registration guide :

The detailed registration guide will be available here as the registration campaign approaches

  • 3 photos
  • Copy of passport

You must have an amount between 680 and 840 euros per month of stay in France. This sum represents the expenses of housing, food, outings, leisure, etc …

Students enjoy favorable conditions in France:

  • Subsidized university catering (meal price about 3,20 € for lunch)
  • Discounts on transport, leisure, etc.

For further information, please contact the International Office of the host university.

  • Accommodation in Albi :
    Students’ residences. Make sure to provide a 2-month-rent payment on arrival : 1 normal month (100 €) + 1 month as deposit, or 200 € in total. It is made in cash, or check cashable in France.
    CROUS residences (about 350€)
  • Accommodation in Rodez :
    Students registered on the Rodez campus are directed to Foyer Sainte-Thérèse located downtown, 21 rue de Bonald - Registration can be made by phone: 05 65 77 14 00 - Fax: 05 65 77 1400